It’s time for another traktip!
Did you know that you have a feature within your Issuetrak site that allows you to close multiple issues at once?
Sometimes you have a situation where you need to close a large number of issues. Whether it’s a project coming to an end, or a backlog of issues that were never closed out, Issuetrak provides a way to quickly close those issues. The Mass Updates feature gives you that ability!
Closing Your Issues
Only users with the permission “Can access and maintain Administration functions” have the ability to use the Mass Updates feature. It also requires that you create a query defining which issues you want to close. The query must be created by a user with the permission “Can add, edit and run Report Writer Queries and Reports”.
Once your query is created, follow these steps to close your issues:
- Navigate to Administration > Mass Updates.
- In the “Step One” box, use the magnifying glass to select your already-built query from the list. (If you haven’t had a chance to create your query yet, click on the “create query” link and you will be redirected to the Report Writer.)
- In the “Step Two” box, select “Status” from the Field dropdown.
- In the “Step Three” box, select “Closed” from the Value dropdown.
- Click “Preview” to view the list of issues that will be closed. The list of issues will populate at the bottom of the page and tell you how many issues you will be closing.
- Click “Update” to close your issues.
- You will get a warning message to make sure you want to close all the listed issues, and if so, click “OK”.
You will get a message that populates in place of the issue list that says “Records updated successfully.” Your issues have now been closed! If you need to reopen them, you can repeat the process, and just select Open as the field value in the “Step Three” box.
Mass Updates Aren’t Just for Closing Issues
The Mass Updates feature allows you to make other changes on a queried list of issues, besides closing issues. You can change the assignment, next action, class, target date, or required by date values on issues as well! You would only need to select the different fields and appropriate values.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to see this in action via a quick demo, don’t hesitate to contact your Account Manager. We’re happy to help!!